Ye Olde Mill: Built in 1817, Ye Olde Mill was once one of the largest grist mills in the Northwest Territory. Now restored by the Velvet Ice Cream Company, visitors may visit the “Museum of Milling” and the “History of Ice Cream” museum, old-fashioned ice cream parlor, restaurant, gift shop, pond and picnic area.
Dawes Arboretum: Venture out on the maple trail, browse through the Nature Center or Daweswood House Museum, or enjoy a picnic lunch overlooking the world’s largest hedge lettering. The Arboretum, situated on 1,149 acres, has over 3,000 species of trees, shrubs, and plants. Enjoy the Visitors Center, featuring a gift shop, bonsai house, nature center and various other exhibits. The Japanese Garden has been judged one of the best in the United States.
We are just 45 minutes from Columbus attractions including the Columbus Zoo, Santa Maria Replica, historic German Village, the capital building, and COSI (Center of Science and Industry), one of the top ten science museums in the country. If you like to shop Easton Town Center is a must see. Pick up a complementary Columbus Travel Guide in our store.
We are also just 45 minutes from Amish country. Tour an Amish farm, take a ride in a horse drawn buggy, tour a cheese factory and visit the nationally known Lehman’s Hardware Store. Visit the many shops filled with hand crafted Amish furniture, jams, jellies, baked goods, quilts, and more.
National Trail Raceway has seen the best racers from around the Midwest and the world race down the famous ¼ mile and participate in great racing action. With all of the success that the area has gained through the track, it was a vision of the Rader family that brought the finest racing in the world to Central Ohio.
Heisey Glass Museum is located in Veterans Park in downtown Newark, Ohio. The Heisey Glass Museum houses more than 4,500 pieces of glassware produced by the A. H. Heisey & Company in Newark from 1896-1957.
The Wilds is a private, non-profit conservation center located on nearly 10,000 acres of reclaimed mine land in rural southeastern Ohio. It was created as the conservation center of the future by a group of civic leaders, political leaders and zoo professionals who believed that a serious scientific approach was required to find solutions to environmental concerns.